TOURNAMENT FORMAT: COED + MENS
Games are 6-a-side, meaning a ‘keeper and five outfield players. While the ‘keeper is non-gender specific, two of the outfield players must be female in the COED Tournament.
Games are 25 minutes with no half-time and a running clock.
Upon completion of the Group Stage, the Winners of each Group plus the 2nd-place team with the best record will proceed into the Semi-Finals.
In the Group Stage if teams are tied on points, the following will be used to determine standings:
1. Head-to-Head result (does not apply in a three-way tie)
2. Goal Difference (Goals For - Goals Against)
3. Goals For
4. Goals Against
5. Most Shutout Wins
6. Penalty Kicks
If a Semi-Final and/or the Final is tied, penalty-kicks will decide the outcome. These are best out-of-three before sudden death, as required. In the Coed tournament, one of the initial penalty-takers must be female and takers must progress through each player on the roster.
* Players must wear indoor sneakers and shin guards
* Substitutions are on the fly but must be made within your half of the field
* Corner kicks will be taken
* Kick-ins will be taken in place of throw-ins
* There are no offsides
* Teams can only score after crossing into the opposition half
* All free kicks are indirect with the opposing team at least 7 yards from the ball.
* An indirect free-kick will be awarded if a goalkeeper's punt, throw or goal kick crosses midfield without first bouncing or touching a player from either team.
* A indirect free-kick will be awarded to the opposition if the ball hits the ceiling or the light fittings
* If the ball is passed back to the 'keeper, (s)he must play with his/her feet and not pick it up with their hands
* A YELLOW CARD will see the offending player sit for at least two minutes during which time the team plays a man down (for the full two minutes)
* A RED CARD results in the removal of the player for the remainder of the game (and the team plays a man down). All Red Cards will be reviewed and players subject to further suspension at the decision of the referee and event directors.
* In the event of a conflict of shirt colors, a coin toss will decide who wears pinnies
* Decisions of the Referees and Tournament Officials will be final and not subject to appeal.
GENERAL INFORMATION: COED + MENS
Pratt Institute ARC Center. The gym is located on the east of the Campus nearest to Classon Avenue – the schedule page has a map link.
If coming by SUBWAY, Clinton/Washington and Classon G-Trains are closest with Clinton/Washington A- and C-Trains within comfortable walking distance.
For those coming by CAR, there is no parking within the facility. You must park on one of the surrounding streets with Willoughby Avenue providing the closest entrance to Pratt.
CHECK IN: Upon entering the facility, the Captain must check in with NY Coed. We’ll have a table situated within the gym. This should be done at least 20 minutes prior to your opening fixture.
T-SHIRTS: Shirts will be given out to Coed teams and your color assignment can be viewed on the schedule page. If you are deciding to wear your own jerseys, please email us to confirm the color ahead of Saturday. As colors will help the Field Reps identify teams, it’s important we know what you are wearing.
BATHROOMS AND CHANGING AREAS: These are located inside the venue and include both Male and Female Facilities. Please ensure you use the Changing Areas to dress before and after the games. A change of shoes or shin guards near the field or in the bleachers is ok, but for all else please use the changing rooms.
WATER AND SNACKS: While there are fountains and vending machines on site players should come prepared with enough additional water and snacks for the duration of the tournament. Bleachers will be provided to relax in - just be sure to clean up thoroughly.